This digital slide presentation is now available for viewing and free downloads. The corresponding video of the full presentation is available here. Presented at the 2012 COSIM conference, this teaching:
- Examines the key dynamics of honor and shame from a social-science perspective— with examples from Scripture.
- Explores honor and shame as the pivotal cultural value of the Bible, and of most of the Majority World / unreached peoples.
- Examines applications to cross-cultural ministries and partnerships through understanding the dynamics of honor and shame.
You can use this slide presentation to:
- Learn about the pivotal cultural value of honor and shame—both in the Bible and in many Majority World cultures.
- Present the material yourself to your own friends and colleagues engaged in cross-cultural relationship-building.
- Begin a conversation to explore the implications of honor and shame in your own cross-cultural relationships and partnerships.
Other resources on honor and shame:
- Free 30-page article: Honor & Shame in Cross-Cultural Relationships: Understanding Five Basic Culture Scales Through the Cultural Lens of Honor and Shame—with Application to Cross-Cultural Relationships and Partnerships
- Four 10-minute lessons on honor and shame. Click here to learn more. Here are four short lessons—10 to 15 minutes each—to introduce to you some of the
principles of the pivotal cultural value of honor and shame in the Bible—and how it relates to building relationships—with God and across cultures.
- Skit about honor and shame in refugee ministry. Give this to your friends who are dramatically inclined. And let them introduce the subject of honor and shame in building cross-cultural relationships—especially with refugees. Two skits compare relational skills. Funny and warm. Click here to download.
- Gospel tract: Present the life-transforming message of Jesus Christ in the language of honor and shame—through the story of The Prodigal Son. Here is a gospel tract in development which may radically change how you share the gospel. Check it out here.