The presentation I gave last month with visionSynergy is now available for free at my SlideShare site. The presentation is called “Giving Honor: A Key to Fruitful Cross-Cultural Partnerships”. View here.
The presentation is divided into two sections—Problem and Solution.
- Rivalry in the New Testament world: Honor competition and rivalry was a major part of the culture of the New Testament world.
- Rivalry today. What does rivalry and honor competition look like in networks or cross-cultural partnerships today?
- Being like Jesus—giving honor: Jesus and Paul teach that serving and giving honor undermine rivalry and honor competition.
- Giving honor—today: What does “giving honor” look like in networks or cross-cultural partnerships today? It looks like empathic listening.
Available as PDF/PowerPoint — or video of entire webinar
- View the PDF of the presentation by clicking here. You can also download the presentation for free at the SlideShare page.
- View the video of the whole webinar by clicking here (on the Synergy Commons page). Or here on YouTube.
Stories and applications
There is also a set of written online conversations concerning this topic of “Honor-Shame Principles in Cross-Cultural Networks and Partnerships” at the SynergyCommons website. Several mission practitioners from around the world participated in this dialog. They share stories and various ways of applying the principles.
Many thanks to visionSynergy, and particularly Daniel Dow, for facilitating this webinar and conversation. –wm